Monday 3 October 2011

Keeping up to date

Oceans of Time
2011
Ink
56 x 30cm 


So a week has gone by since I last wrote to you and during that time we've had a media training session at Debut Contemporary, which was so frightening I can't tell you!

I was shaking like a leaf!

We had to do a pitch for our work in front of a camera, it was called an "Elevator Pitch" basically the theory is a pitch that takes as much time as you would have in a lift with a stranger. I decided that I wouldn't do what I normally do, I would get involved immediately and stand up within the first few people. Essentially in my enthusiasm that meant I was the third person up. I took "The Garment" as a prop and tried to tell everyone about my work.

Of course later I regretted standing up SO quickly, I suppose the best thing is to stand up three quarters of the way through, before they run out of time but when you've gleaned as much information as you need and have seen lots of other people shaking like leaves, so that it doesn't feel so bad!

Needless to say I'm not too sure my pitch went very well and I can usually do that sort of thing,  I generally really like talking about my work. I didn't give myself enough time to think things through. I learnt a huge amount though and think that I would do much better next time.

Any way went to pick up some work from the framers this week to deliver to Fuimano Fine Art Gallery on the 19th and everything looks beautiful so I'm really happy about that. Here is some of it...

Fading Memories
2011
Ink
55 x 30cm

Sifting Through
2011
Ink
55 x 30cm

Still Thinking Of You
2011
Ink
55 x 30cm

Oceans of Time 2
2011
Ink
56 x 30cm
Still Missing You
2011
Ink
40 x 25cm

The Warmth of Your Embrace
2011
Ink
55 x 30cm

Your Gentle Soul
2011
Ink
50 x 40cm





Don't forget folks this Wednesday 5th October is the Private View at Debut Contemporary 6-9pm and I have some brand new work there this time... I haven't even published it on my blog, it's the biggest piece I have made since leaving Wycombe and sits 113cm x 26cm long, its called "Catching the Waves".

As always, any feedback is very thankfully received.

1 comment:

  1. You are brave and I am sure the others were relieved you went up straight away.

    Love your art so much. I wish I could get up really close to it and study it x

    ReplyDelete

I'd be really grateful for any comments about my work.