Saturday 24 September 2011

New beginnings...

Beginning Again.
2011
Ink
38 x 26cm

My residency at Wycombe Abbey School ended in July and I have moved back to London. Everything's taking a little time to get settled but exciting things have happened in the mean time which I'm dying to tell you all about!

Before the end of term I was contacted by a gallery called Debut Contemporary and invited to apply for their scheme for emerging artists. Once I had applied and been given an interview I was offered a place out of over 1000 applicants! I am with them initially for three months and if everything goes smoothly and we both feel we would like to carry on I will stay for three more and so on. Below is a little bit about them in their own words...

DEBUT Contemporary is an innovative platform aimed at talented and ambitious artists interested and eager to turn their art practice into a successful career and a viable business. DEBUT is the only professional development and career empowerment platform of its kind in the UK and follows on from the success the founders Samir Ceric and Zoe Knight, husband and wife duo, achieved through the launch of Salon Contemporary and Wolf & Badger which earned them the industry titles such as ‘One of the UK’s Most Powerful Couples in Art & Fashion’ (The Times Magazines), ‘Kingmakers of Creative Talent’ (International Life Magazine), ‘London’s Top Tastemakers’ (Time Out London), to name a few. The couple appeared in more than 100 publications in the past 18 months and has been labelled by many industry heavyweights as ‘the force to be reckoned with’.

So I have a lecture by different people in the art industry every week and I get taught how to push my work and gain a successful career and a viable business, as well as my work being on permanent display in Notting Hill for three months at least!

I have had the first Private View on the first Wednesday of September and the second is fast approaching- Wednesday 5th October. If you would like to come please send me a message and I will get you on the guest list.

 In other news I have produced some new work which will be taken to The Affordable Art Fair by a lovely Gallery called Fiumano Fine Art, what ever is not sold will be making it's way to Singapore for an arts fair there in November, so it's all go! Below are some images of the new work and my new direction- working on cartridge paper, the ink reacts completely differently which is very exciting. I hope you like them, please do give me some feedback, it's always important to know what people think.

Hiding Away
2011
Ink
37 x 46cm
Hoping
2011
Ink
26.5 x 51cm
Seeing You
2011
Ink
26.5 x 59cm
Watching You Drift
2011
Ink
38 x 26cm




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be really grateful for any comments about my work.